Friday, March 25, 2011

Two Books

I gotta tell you something...my kid loves to read or maybe I should my kid loves his books and I love this. I love to read and I have read to O since he was a wee tike. When we knew we were going to be flying to Africa I started research kids books about flying and found this great book it has been the best book ever. I have read it so many times I know it by heart, Eric knows it by heart and of course O knows it by heart. If you have a kid or know a kid or are thinking of kids this is the perfect book to buy for a kid that is taking an airplane ride. In buses and in cars, people come to the airport. They come to fly in big jet planes. In the waiting room they sit and wait, while outside their planes get loaded and checked. Suitcases go into the cargo hold and fuel goes inside the wings...I won't spoil the ending but let me tell you its a good one :)

The other book I have been crazy about is a book called Perfume. I had never heard of it before but swapped a bunch of books with my friend Craig and this was in the stack. Its a great book. Originally written in German and "NOW A MAJOR MOTION PICTURE" it is super interesting. A book that can be a little hard to get into but one that leaves you awed at the authors ability to describe smells. Ever thought about what a pile of wood smells like - maybe or maybe not but I am sure you probably wouldn't be able to write a paragraph about it. Anyways...really freaky read and even crazier ending.

No comments: