Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Crafty Girl Goodness

My girl Katy has inspired me! I check her blog often to both keep up to date on her life and times but also to check out her crafty girl goodness. She has posted recently about these reversible quilted bags and they were so stinking great I had to try them out. I made 2 - one for Lukie and one for Lily - our 2 neighbor kids that are leaving Fort and moving to Atlanta (actually, I made 3 if you include the little one I made using scraps for Lily's doll). They turned out fan-freaking-tastic and I just had to post some pictures of them...
I also wanted to let folks know that "grommeting" (is that really a word?) was really easy. I live in the middle of no-where and was worried about trying to find some kit for this. Well low and behold - Wally World had a little kit for $4.88 and now its got me wanting to grommet everything!


This is the Kiersten's backpack - that's the doll!

3 comments:

WasSoggyInSeattle said...

Is there a pattern? I'd love to have it if you can get it to me...

Raymona (Karin's friend in Abq)

Unknown said...

Do you mean a pattern for the bag itself? I pretty much just made it up using a combo of the tutuorial from pink penguin for reversible bags and looking at the picture katy posted of a backpack that her friend made. Let me think on it and get back to you. Cheers, S

poppyart said...

Fabulous! just come here via Katy's blog. I have used an awful lot of similar pirate print for nappy and wipe pouches for my flea market stall... often with lots of strange looks from Grannies! But I love it! And so does my 4 year old. So I'm sure he would also approve of your lovely drawstring bag and your beautiful little bloke.