Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Love a Little Late

Our Valentines Day was not all it was cracked up to be. Eric had made reservations at this place up the road called New Cactus - which has great food, is close enough to walk to and which has these crazy amazing views of the city. When we go there we always talk about having a "date night" and going by ourselves to make out on one of the couches with the great view - something about making out with your two year old running around just doesn't sound right. I digress but anyways...we had a babysitter lined up for Sunday and all was set until O developed a fever of 103 and until the skies opened up and the rain poured down! Needless to say we cancelled dinner and Eric got take out goat brochettes that were outta this world and I made heart shaped brownies! So in the end it was a sweet day anyways.

One of my favorite quotes from a movie has to do with love - double gold star if you know the movie...

Whenever I get gloomy with the state of the world, I think about the arrival's gate at Heathrow airport. General opinion started to make out that we're living in a world of hatred and greed. But I don't see that, seems to me that love is everywhere. Often it's not particularly dignified or newsworthy, but it's always there, fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, husbands and wives, boyfriends, girlfriends, old friends. When the plane hit the Twin Tower, as far as I know, none of the phone calls from people on board were messages of hate or revenge. They are all messages of love. If you look for it, I've got a sneaky feeling you'll find that love actually is all around.

3 comments:

Potters said...

Love Actually. Love that movie. Might have to watch it soon.

Unknown said...

K - I love that movie too! It makes me get all sweet inside. xo S

Donna said...

I've never seen the movie. But Happy Valentine's Day anyway. Hope everyone is feeling better soon.