Sunday, October 30, 2011

Popcorn

Product of the USA - packed in UAE...strange isn't that?
Popcorn in a pop-top can...love it!
I have a love affair with popcorn. Is it heriditary? Some sort of wierd genetic mutation? No clue. What I do know is that popcorn is meal in my family. My mom has this ginormous metal bowl that is used for popcorn and making cookie dough at Christmas. She has no secret recipe - its airpopped corn with butter. I think my cousin, Tina, has this gene as well and maybe a new coworker. I think you either LIKE popcorn or you never really think about it.
Eric is the cook in our relationship and when he runs out of ideas or is in no mood to cook we have "fend for yourself" dinner usually some random assortment of bits and pieces that we call dinner. And because Eric is who he is - we dont have "fend for yourself" very often - maybe 1-2 times a month. My all time favorite "fend for yourself" dinner is a bowl of popcorn.
It was no surprise to me that when I went to make popcorn for Halloween yesterday...the popcorn container was almost empty. Only about a scant 1/2 cup left and, as any popcorn lover will tell you, that is not enought popcorn. Good thing I have a husband who looks after me - like some magician in a big top circus - he pulls from the closet a can of popcorn. I take a look at it and it cracks me up. Product of the USA but packed in UAE - I have visions of a large cargo ship with popcorn in the hull. Is that really what happens? Who knows...all I know is this...Eric saved the day and orange popcorn balls were made with crisis averted.

3 comments:

Becky said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Becky said...

Totally agree with you. I'm a huge popcorn fan too. My husband isn't really. What a cool container!

WasSoggyInSeattle said...

I usually have a bowl of popcorn every night, about 7:30 PM. It pains me when I have to work nights and don't get my popcorn fix. Alas, ours is microwave popcorn.

and I have some great memories and photos of my Grandpa popping corn on this old, old, old air popper every Saturday night. Love me some popcorn!