Thursday, March 22, 2012

Two Faves

I took one tuk-tuk ride while in BKK. From the Royal Palace back to the BTS skytrain - its probably about 5 miles and I think the ride took me 45 minutes.
This is a pomelo. I have seen them before but never eaten them. They are amazing, amazing, amazing fruits. I think I ate 15 of them in 9 days. This one was sold by two kids on the streets, covered in plastic wrap and served with salty, spicy, sweet dipping crystals. My friend Jenn, bought me a whole one and I smuggled it back to Rwanda in my luggage. It's waiting for a rainy day.

1 comment:

katy said...

I've seen pomelos before but they appeared more like a grapefruit. I've never seen anything that looks like the wiki link. So interesting that they are paired with salt. What an interesting and tasty discovery! xo