Friday, October 4, 2013

My Butter Saga

We can order foodstuff from this bulk foods company called Seven Seas - its a great perk of living here in Djibouti and makes it easier to cook and bake. On the last order I decided that I was going to give my favorite French butter a rest. You see it is super expensive - about 4 bucks for 250 grams which is about 1 stick of butter or about 1/2 cup. I mainly bake with the butter so I thought we should try the butter from Seven Seas. Now ordering off of their catalog is difficult - its basically an excel spreadsheet with lots of abbreviations and many numbers. We had never ordered butter before so I found what I thought was a 4 pound box and ordered away...but when it came boy was I in for a surprise.

I took one look at the box and started to panic and then when I opened it...

I laughed hysterically...yes, these are individually wrapped pieces of butter? Dinner roll anyone?

In case you are wondering...10 pieces of butter equals 1/2 cup

No comments: