Friday, December 6, 2013

Our Advent Calendar

So I was thinking that this year would be the perfect year to try an advent calendar with O. I looked online and thought about making one. Saw super cute ideas at etsy and thought about just ordering one but the one I fell in love with was over $100...ouch! Back to the drawing board and this is what we came up with. I used 12 activities and 12 little treats and filled the bags according to what's going on in that week - that way he opens them up in a certain order and I don't have to stress about trying to bake cookies on a work night. Know what I mean?
our advent list had to be modified from a bunch of ideas I found online. I love the pizza!


the old half of a drying rack that O and I found on a bike ride - we spray painted it a bright red and hung it on the wall!

 
 
This is the completed calendar. I stitched 24 little bags and trimmed them out. In hindsight, I wish I had made the bags a little bigger so things fit more easily but on the other hand the small size forced me to keep the trinkets small!

No comments: