Sunday, July 6, 2008

Movement

The idea that I am growing a little human inside continues to be a surreal notion - but something happened a couple weeks ago that made me realize once again that yes, indeed, I am pregnant. I went upstairs to read and relax and while laying there felt something inside that was most definitely not me. When you read about feeling a baby move people describe it as a fluttering, a bubble, a butterfly, gas...whatever...this didn't feel anything like that - it felt like a flick against my insides. Now that I can recognize the small one moving, I find myself waiting for it each morning and night - when my brain is quiet and I am still.

While camping this past weekend - early in the morning - I was watching the clouds through the tent door and feeling the small one kicking like crazy. Eric was half in and out of sleep and I put his hand on my belly and said "see if you can feel this". Well, what do you know...the small one cooperated and Eric was able to feel him kick. TWICE! It was a great weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats - The first time you feel baby kick or hubby feels baby kick, it just has to be one of the top ten moments in life!