Wednesday, August 11, 2010

11 Days to Go




It has been a stressful couple of days - feels like so many little things to do and so little time. We each have a mile long to-do list and slowly but surely things have gotten crossed off but not without our fair share of "Eric and Stacy Bickerson". After work today we walked to dinner and talked about how we will have had 3 moves in 6 months. No freaking wonder we are the Bickerson's. Our lives have been in a state of chaos and we are sooo looking forward to getting settled into a place for at least a couple of years.

I got an email today from our sponsor in Rwanda. Like the military, the State also pairs people up to give you someone to answer your million questions, offer advise and get you settled while all of your worldly possessions are in transit. Her email was so upbeat and friendly. It made me forget all the craziness and a feeling of excitement came over me again. What an emotional roller coaster this has been.

My MB comes for a visit in 2 days - she will stay for a week and leave the night before we do. She was worried about the timing and I told her she would be a good diversion. I love my MB and am excited to share what little we have discovered about Falls Church with her. I also bought her a fab Christmas present that I am so excited to share with her. I know she will love it!
The pictures are from our newest favorite park - The Longbranch Nature Center. It's a FAB place!

2 comments:

Denise said...

Wow, hard to believe it's already time for you guys to go. Know your MB is coming, but if you need a few childless hours before or while she's here, I'd be happy for O to play with us for a bit :)

Have a good time with your company!

Jen said...

We just discovered Long Branch recently and can't wait to go back. Hope you will be blogging about Rwanda, as that has always held interest for us as a possible post to bid on.