Friday, March 4, 2011

What Would You Do...

if your boss found out you were kinda crafty and then asked you to make a santa costume for the embassy? Would you do what I did and graciously accept a bag full of all the supplies to make the costume? Take them home, open the bag and then ask yourself "what have I done?" The bag was stuffed to the brim with fabric, faux fur, notions, interfacing...everything you could ever want or need to make a santa suit. I have not used a pattern to sew with in years so this should be an interesting experience. This pattern has 23 pieces...HOLY SEWING BATMAN! I will need to put myself on a schedule just to get it done in time for Christmas next year. Let's see 9 months until Christmas and 23 pieces to stitch - I think that means I have to stitch 2.5 pieces a month. I will need luck and fairy dust on my side.




3 comments:

katy said...

oh, stacy lou. you may be better off just asking Santa himself to bring you a Santa suit for xmas. jokes aside, i'm sure you can do it! It may not be the most fun you've ever had, but you can do it. Just have Eric keep the drinks a flowin'

Potters said...

Oh you know what I would do....contract out. There has to be someone in Kigali with sewing skills, i'd be tracking that person down. :) But, you are crafty and you can do it. Only 9 months left.

Elaine said...

Use scraps to test your needle and thread choices and get the tension just right.
Cut with precision--it makes every other step much easier.

Don't ask how i know these things.