Tuesday, May 13, 2008

One Funny Email from Karin

The below email is from my old friend Karin - sharing her thoughts about raising Ms. Madelyn. I told her I was going to put it here because it cracked me up!

Morning -

I just created the "tupperware" drawer. I've been meaning to do this for a couple months but hadn't got there yet. I say that about everything lately. So when your child gets to being mobile - everyone - literally everyone - shares this so original tip of creating a "tupperware drawer" that baby can play in, while your in the kitchen. They just want to be with you - so give them something they can get into. Great idea, but I got sick of people telling me this. So - now I'm doing it to you! :) I'm warning you (or Eric) to start thinking about your tupperware drawer or cupboard. I denied needing this - but today I caved in. I'm also going to do this in the bathroom upstairs - Maddy gets mad that she can't get in the drawers as I'm trying to get ready - so I need to create a 'play' drawer. I also said I wasn't keen on doing lots of babyproofing - but this house is now in full lockdown - so that just goes to prove you'll say lots of things while your preggo, and then reality sets in and you just like everyone else..... trying to keep your kid alive and out of the ER.

Have a good day!

Happy "Mothers" Day - its your first (semi) one! Weird, isn't it!~

Kp

2 comments:

katy said...

how true it is - the tupperware drawer (or box as we have) is the only 'toy' in the house that gets used everyday.

BTW, I think you're having a girl. karin and Kathryn think boy.

Cindy said...

Hey love,

I had not checked your blog in a while and oddly enough decided to last night - right after creating the TUPPERWARE BOX! Yup - on the bottom shelf of the metro shelving. (grin) Olivia is getting more and more mobile and her first tooth is poking through!

Abrazos

c d o

I agree with katy - my guess is girl

:)