Friday, May 23, 2008

SNOW!

Yes, I know that I chose to move to the high desert way up in the middle of no-where Arizona. What I didn't bargin for was the crazy ass weather. So here it is May 22nd - 2 days before Memorial Day and guess what...it snowed this afternoon and when I looked at weather.com it is supposed to have a low of 30 degrees on Saturday night. Can you believe it? We were supposed to camp out with some friends this weekend close to a hiking place called keet seel http://www.azcentral.com/travel/arizona/features/articles/0824keet0826.html but I cancelled. I am finally figuring out that I am a fair weather camper. Three things that are keeping my spirits bright:

1. I didn't plant my garden last weekend so none of my tender little plants got killed - YAY! Even though I was so tempted after seeing the greens that my friend Katy has already harvested http://sycamorestirrings.blogspot.com/2008/05/first-pick.html. NO FAIR!

2. We had a visit from NanC, her mom Patty and Ava, Enzo and Piper - it was great to commune with folks from the great Northwest. Check out their travels at http://fiftystatesofmind.blogspot.com/

3. Our appointment with the midwife was yesterday and was great - we heard the heartbeat for the first time with the doppler ultrasound held on my belly. It was a good reminder that yes, indeed, I am knocked-up

1 comment:

katy said...

ha! You'll have more reminders than you care for soon enough. i love first time moms. so innocent. seriously, though the surreal factor in pregnancy is HUGE! There's a baby in here? It's gonna come out? Someday walk and talk? Call me mama? Even more surreal for the daddies. Bryce said over and over . . .it doesn't seem real yet. Yeah, not a problem anymore :) SOOOOOOOO excited for you!! BTW, i got my first snap pea from the garden today!!