Monday, April 6, 2009

Happy 6 Month Birthday, Baby!

Can you believe it? My little Toots turned 1/2 a year old today. He has a 6 month well baby check tomorrow so I will post vital stats then. The crazy thing is this...I was born on April 5th and Orion was born on October 5th. There is something about the symmetry in this that I love. When I turned 1/2 year old my mom made me a heart cake that she says was chocolate with German chocolate frosting. I decided to make a similar cake for little O. The one below is the cake I made and the little one in the corner is the one from October 5th 1973! So...to celebrate my 36th we drove out to McGaffey Recreation Area and hiked around. The sky was bright blue but boy was it chillllly. Now its time to settle down for the night. My friend, Ansu, just dropped by this Rhubarb concentrate to add to club soda and its freakin great and this along with my new fave baby bel cheese and fruit will be a great dinner snack. So cheers to a happy Sunday night and me not feeling so blue about turning 36!

No comments: