Sunday, December 5, 2010

Easy Sunday Morning

With a two year old I am up early - most days around 6am and of course this includes weekends. On weekend mornings Orion and I check out the garden to see if there are weeds we can pull or produce to pick. This morning the weather was beautiful for hanging out in the backyard. We picked lettuce, arugula, helped train the cucumbers to climb the trellis and Eric counted limes. I know I posted a picture of this big read tropical beauty before but it has gotten so much bigger. I will see if I can find the first picture and compare the two.

14 hours until we leave for the airport - 6am in Nairobi 6pm in Mauritius. See you in a week.
One of our tallest lettuce plants - it really should be cut down but who knew a lettuce plant could get so big?!

"Weeding" - what he mostly pulls is lettuce leafs and mint.

Head down - working hard at weeding. Wearing Eric's crazy hat!


1 comment:

Denise said...

Jealous! SO want to visit Mauritius and cannot wait to hear about the trip! We are venturing over to Phuket, Thailand for a week of beach ourselves.

Wishing you, Eric & O a wonderful holiday season and terrific 2011!!