Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Back From Buj

No word from me for awhile. I have lots of sweet pictures and always lots to say but it seems that time "keeps on slipping slipping slipping into the future". The day after Christmas the Ali crew hopped on a quick puddle jumper plane and 30 minutes later we landed in Bujumbura, Burundi. I have regional travel down to Buj to help cover the health unit so this was a work trip for me. Last time I went I left the boys at home - this time, I drug them along. I booked us into a great hotel right on the lake with a little kids pool, a playground and plenty of sand to dig in (thanks K for the garden tools - all the kids at the hotel loved them!)

It was so nice to come back to the hotel and be able to see E and O. It made the idea of having to do this travel every month a little more easy to swallow. Buj is known for LakeTanganyika - this amazing deep water lake right outside the city. While I worked like a mad-woman, Eric and O got to play in the sand, swim in the pool and hang out together.

Orion loving the playground.

Can you believe that he climbed up this ladder all by himself - these steps roll and this is a steep ladder. This child has no fear.

Windy beach time

Yogurt cups make great sand toys.

No comments: