Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Witches Brew!

Part of my job is making sure my patients are up to date on their vaccines. Have you ever thought about how hard it would be get vaccines to the middle of Africa? It is a tremendous feat let me tell you especially because vaccines have to be kept cold and in fact some have to be kept frozen. YIKES! So most often when we have a shipment of vaccines coming in on an airplane it is after working hours and the vaccines are then dropped off at my house where I can inventory them, unpack them and put them in the fridge. The problem with shipping cold vaccines to Africa is that you wind up with a lot of packing material. You also get your fair share of dry ice. My dad used to do this kinda crazy thing with dry ice and here I find myself doing the same thing...putting pieces of it in O's juice so he can watch it bubble. Do you think it's safe?
O loved his passion juice...



1 comment:

Potters said...

Dry ice in Juice, how fun! Safe, no clue. I'm more amazed that O is happily still wearing a bib. Impressive. Both my girls had strong opinions about bibs.