Friday, June 29, 2012

Date Night


The Tall One and I managed to sneak away for a dinner date a couple weeks ago. We didn’t have any special plans and so we ended up at a place near our house that we like called New Cactus. When we first knew we were coming to Kigali, Eric did all this research about places to eat and New Cactus was one of those that many people wrote about. There were rave reviews for one of their appetizers and I gotta tell you it might just be one of the best things you will find in a restaurant in Kigali. I can’t remember the name but its these pieces of goat cheese wrapped in dough and fried, drizzled with honey and chopped bacon. Ohh my, my heart attack is waiting to happen but these things are little bites of heaven.

Such a sweet sweet man!
Local wild orchid
View up through the trees from our cliff-side perch

1 comment:

Potters said...

Yeah for Date Night! Not a fan of goat cheese, but the deep fried part, add honey and bacon...yep, I just might have to try that. Yum.