Sunday, June 1, 2008

Crazy Readings...

I have two good friends out here - Para and Ingrid - who both gave birth about 6 months ago. When they found out I was pregnant they brought over each and every pregnancy book they owned. These books sit in the living room in their respective bags and every now and then I flip through and see if anything looks interesting.

One book that Para brought over is called, Mothers Who Think - Tales of Real Life Parenthood. It is a compilation of short stories and I have really enjoyed reading it. The funniest story is called "Expecting the Worst" by Jennifer Reese. In this hysterical story the author makes fun of the book "What to Expect When you are Expecting". She originally liked the book and then found that the authors were not as friendly as they first appeared.

In my favorite part of her story she talks about The Best Odds Diet and the quote I love the best is "before you close your mouth on a forkful of food ask yourself if this is the best bite I can give my baby? If it will benefit your baby, chew away. If it will only benefit your sweet tooth or appease your appetite, put your fork down"

I gotta tell you when I read that I freakin started crackin up and realized I will never read "What to Expect When you are Expecting" because I love my salty tooth too much to put down my fork or get my fingers out of the tortilla chip bag. And guess what...they even have a web site http://www.whattoexpect.com/what-to-expect/landing-page.aspx


1 comment:

katy said...

this is the pregnancy book for you. published in 2007 - for hip, educated women like yourself. wish it was around for me.

From the Hips by Rebecca Odes