Sunday, June 8, 2008

I Am Addicted To...

making my own ice cream and sorbet. I got the newest Cooking Light Magazine in the mail a couple of days ago (all thanks to my friend Kelli) and while I am not a huge fan of cooking - those of you who know me know how much I love a good cocktail or three but in my current state it has been rough finding fun summer drinks sans alcohol. While flipping through Cooking Light I saw this recipe for Lemonade Iced Tea Sorbet and thought it looked fantastic but thought who in the heck has an ice-cream maker? My neighbor, Ingrid popped by about that time and guess what? She had an ice-cream maker. I borrowed it and the addiction began. Who knew how fun and super easy it was to make your own great tasting frozen treats! In fact, the night I made the first batch of ice cream Eric said "we need to buy one of these" so guess what's coming in the mail from www.overstock.com? You guessed it, we are the proud owners of another small appliance.

Lemonade Iced Tea Sorbet
2 cups boiling water
4 regular sized English Breakfast tea bags
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup fresh lemon juice, about 4 lemons
1 cup ice water
mint sprigs for garnish
Combine 2 cups boiling water and tea bags in large bowl. steep for 5 minutes and discard tea bags into your compost pile. Add sugar to tea stirring until all sugar dissolves. Cool completely, stir in juice and one cup ice water then chill for one hour.
Pour into your ice cream maker and about 30 minutes later you'll have a great tasting summer time sorbet.

1 comment:

katy said...

hmmmmm a little birdie told me you have some GROUND BREAKING news to announce . . .