Friday, January 2, 2009

Exhausted...


I am so freaking tired right now. We have been out of town for the past 5 weeks and we screeched into Fort yesterday afternoon in time to unload the car, get the 10 boxes of mail that were on hold, eat dinner and head out to a new years eve celebration. Don't get me wrong it has been a great break from life on the rez but man oooohhhh man does it feel good to be home and sleeping in my own bed. Now if I could just convince my son it's ok to sleep in his own bed. Orion is crazy today and I really can't blame him...we drag him through 5 states, lock him in the carseat, keep him out late and pass him around like a good drink. We are working on this sleeping thing and holy shit nobody tells you how hard the sleeping thing can be. Nights are fine its the naps during the day that are killing me. I wish I had more days before I have to go back to work. I am scared that I won't like my work as much because really does any patient need you more then your child?

Things that need to get done:

1. I need to go to bed
2. The boxes of christmas presents need to get opened and put away
3. mail christmas letter to Vlad
4. put together box of treats to send to katy
5. clean out the magazine rack
6. start the new bread recipe
7. figure out how to change the script and the layout of the title for this blog
8. check work email before monday - yuck!

ok - I feel a bit better after writing this junk down. Will see if there is any interesting pix to post.

2 comments:

katy said...

Stacy,

The sleep thing is huge - especially when you're exhausted. Here is my advice:

Take the next few days to get as much sleep as you can - if that means Orion is sleeping with you or in a swing/bouncy seat just let it be. Your first goal is to get sleep for yourself!

After you're more rested, work on getting Orion in his crib.

As for the naps, I totally understand. Totally. Short 15-20 minute naps is very common at this age. Day sleep is the very last to normalize and establish. Remember Orion is still very, very young. Day sleep (naps) can take until 6-8 months to really get solid. Keep putting him down when he's tired - get him when he cries. Before you know it he'll start sleeping for longer periods during the day. Really. He will. Try not to worry about "official" sleep training until 3-4 months. He's still a smallie.

As for a box of goodies for me, cross it off your list. The biggest goody I could ever get is seeing all the pics of Orion and hearing about your life. I know that's cheesey, but it's sooo true.

Oh, not to further muddle your sleep deprived brain, but these are the 2 baby books that I found the most helpful. It was NOT babywise. The Happiest Baby on the Block. sooooo helpful. and Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child (or something like that) But just to say it again - No need to stress now - 3-4 months is the time. You're just laying the ground work now.

So advicey - today. Who do I think I am??!! Ha!

Happy New Year!! Love you all!
K

Anonymous said...

I say, Ditto to what Katy said. Sleep first and the rest will start to fall into line. Give yourself a couple days to get back into it before you worry about all the other stuff.

Yep, on the naps part too. Hard Hard Hard...I don't think I started to worry about regular nap schedule till Maddy was at least 5 months.

Oh and the book Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child should be on its way if not in your box!

Sleep, Eat, Relax a bit...then starting looking at that list. :)