Saturday, January 17, 2009

OK...I did it

I survived. I started back to work, yep back to work the kind you get a paycheck to do. Not the kind I have been doing for the past 3 months. Not the breastfeeding, diaper changing, up in the middle of the night kinda work. No sireeee, honest to goodness, punching the clock kinda work. I am working part time for the month of January and then will go back full time in February.

This week however was a little different. There was a 4 day get away to Taos, NM that we went on with a bunch of other families in our neighborhood. It was great. We stayed in this amazing house with crazy icicles (that I will post a pix of soon) 14-16 adults, 6 kids, 4 SUV's, 10 sets of skis, 3 sleds and a partridge in a pear tree. I got my yearly skiing in and almost killed myself on what Taos Ski Valley calls a green run - more about that story later, suffice to say it involves ski patrol, a steep slope, a snowmobile and one hell of a tired woman.

In order to have these 4 days off in a row, I had to work 8 hour days for the past two days and this is really what this post is about. Kooky, crazy and a bit manic as well. Trying to divide up my day and divide my brain as well. Trying to find a balance between providing good patient care and care for my son and husband. Trying to remember to bring everything I need to work and while I am there trying to remember to pump breast milk so my breasts don't explode. Trying not to bring home too many germs from too many strangers.

I survived, I did it and now on this Friday night I have a whole 3 day weekend in which to relish time with Big Dog, Little Dog and Bella the Wonderdog. Cheers my friends to a weekend with loved ones.

1 comment:

katy said...

Congrats - that's a huge accomplishment!