Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Strange Mood

Here I sit at the counter in the kitchen of a duplex I have lived in for almost four years. I don't own this home, I rent it from the government for about $500 a month. Its an ok place to live in. There a many changes I would make if I owned it but Eric laid down the law about spending any more money on changes that we can't take with us. Not sure why I just rambled on about my living situation - just know that today feels a little strange.

Didn't get much sleep last night, Orion was uppity and the fussy monster was alive and well. He slept for 6 hours until 3:30am and then all hell seemed to break loose. Eric took him downstairs and I tried to sleep but you know that was an impossible dream. I managed to do OK at work today - fueled by coffee and the blue skies outside. It's funny how unimportant many things seem under a hazy sleep deprived fog. Like the fact that a these people who credential the hospital are coming on Thursday and I am supposed to know or care about QA/PI projects. In fact, I just recently learned what QA/PI stands for...Quality Assurance/Project Improvement. Did you know that?

I ordered a coffee table online - who in the hell does that? Overstock rocks for random things like that plus you can't beat their shipping. It cost $2.95 to ship to the middle of no-where. Well the much anticipated coffee table arrived yesterday and is still in the box. Anyone who knows me knows this is very out of character. I like to have shit put away and organized but I just can't seem to get my act together. When I do I will post a picture of the table.

My friend Karin turned 36 today. Her friend, Kathryn took her to this amazing restaurant in Seattle called Palisades. I have only eaten there once - for a work retreat - when I worked at Rotary Boys and Girls Club. It was fantastic and I wish I could eat there right now.

No comments: