Sunday, January 2, 2011

Quiet

Here I sit - the house is quiet. The house where a 2 year old lives is never quiet except for naptime (I heart naptime) and this is why - right now the house is quiet. Eric is working and I am relishing in the quiet. Trying to be on the computer with O around is close to impossible. Thus this time right now is precious.

Can't really believe its 2011- feels odd to write that. But then again I think I say "I can't believe its______" every year. After much bickering back and forth we decided to throw a NYE party. We didn't have a babysitter and there were not any other appealing options thus the party became a reality. I am so glad we decided to throw a party. It was fantastic - a good turn out of a nice variety of people. Some came early and left for more exciting venues - others came late to ring in the New Year - others came and stayed all night. We served finger foods and folks brought some amazing things to share. My favorite of the night was a strawberry basalmic salsa brushetta. It was fanastic! We had a big open bar and I mixed 2 huge pitchers of mojitos with mint from our garden. I think the last folks rolled out of the house about 3am. Needless to say when O woke up at 6:30 AM both Eric and I were in pain. I do not have any pictures of NYE - my camera has gone missing. I am not stressing about it yet...I will do a thorough search of the house and then start stressing.

So since I don't have any pictures of NYE to post - I thought I would leave you with a couple more pictures from our trip to Buj. One of the things I love the most about visiting different places is checking out new food and drink. Burundi - like Rwanda - uses refillable glass bottles for beer, juice and seltzer. If you buy a bottle you are only purchasing the contents - you are not actually purchasing the bottle and if you want to take the bottle away it'll cost you more. What O is drinking is passion fruit juice processed and bottled in Burundi. Sure the heck looks like a beer bottle doesn't it?

No comments: