Saturday, October 30, 2010

Halloween Prep

It wouldn't be Halloween without two things: popcorn balls and an old joke. So the joke goes like this: Question - how come the witch couldn't get pregnant? Answer -cause the Warlock had a hollow-weenie! Thanks MB for scarring me for life with such a cheesy joke. Popcorn balls on the other hand are much better then horrible jokes and the recipe I use is a trusted and true old family secret. They are not really crunchy but kinda chewy. I love them! I was a bit worried about how they would turn out without using my candy thermometer and hot air popcorn popper but fear not my friends...they were a hit!

I thought about trying to take pictures while I was making them like other folks do on their cool looking cooking blogs but I am not that talented and every picture I took turned out horrible. So what you get is the good stuff - making the popcorn balls and eating them!





O Boy "helped" me form the popcorn into balls!

1 comment:

Potters said...

Love the pics and you making popcorn balls with O. Makes me miss you that much more. The more pics I see....the more I want to come see this place in person.