Sunday, October 10, 2010

I turned Two!

I can hardly believe that my little boy made it to two! What an accomplishment for his mom and dad. We had a celebration for O on the Sunday before his birthday - we invited all the folks from the embassy that had children around his age over for cake and ice-cream. What a turn out - I counted 31 people of which half must have been kids. The noise decible was through the roof but I think everyone had a great time. The cake got eaten, the cookies were demolished, the candy almost finished off and we sent everyone home with a treat box. All in all it was a successful birthday party.

I spent many hours last week thinking of my pregnancy and O's birth. The birth of a child, a mother and a father. When he turned one I was still too busy just surviving - but something about two was super sweet. I still think I couldn't have chosen a better place to have a child. The wide open blue skies of the Southwest, the community support of Fort, the mellow pace of life - they all came together to create such an amazing experience. A trike came in the mail from PopPop's - he loves it!
No birthday is complete without crazy pointy hats

One table of kids - there were two others inside!

Homemade decorations at their best

On his "real" birthday morning - still looking a little sleepy but he got a candle in his banana!

Happy birthday baby!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wish I was there! Looks like fun...Happy birthday Orion!

Potters said...

Love the pic of E and O! Its fantastic...pure happiness. Frame it. :)