Saturday, October 30, 2010

A Quick Drive on Friday

On Friday afternon I only work half day and then I am done. This last week we had a "newcomers welcome" chili contest at the Ambassador's house so both Eric and I went to pick up O together. On the way out of work I realized I had my camera and thought I would take a few pictures to show you what my Friday afternoon looked like. The side play area of O's school. The classrooms, kitchen, bathrooms are all down the hill in the house to the left
I HEART English! This school prides itself on teaching the children English - which has recently become the official language of Rwanda. I had grand ideals that O would go to this little French school but let me tell you its rough being the parent and not understanding anything - from how much do we have to pay per term to what do you want us to put in his backpack each day. Though Little Bears says they focus on English, I call tell you from experience he is still learning a little French and a little Kinyarwandan.

Street scene on the way to O's school. Typical - except the road has fewer people then most.

Round-a-bouts are big here. They are always planted with interesting shrubbery in differing designs. This one is right out in front of the embassy. The art piece in the middle is painted in the colors of the Rwandan flag.

Edge of the embassy...its not bad looking.

No comments: