Thursday, January 27, 2011

Flora

I keep thinking I will stop posting about pictures of new and interesting flowers and plants that I take pictures of. It's hard not to be impressed by the beauty that nature presents. I am familiar with plants and flowers in my native home but out here things look different, bloom differently, have different colors. Alas...more pictures of flowers. Flowering tree in Mauritius - the tree was huge - at least 40 feet tall!

Bright green succulent looking plant growing on volcanic rock in Mauritius.

Pure white Bougainvillea - I have never seen one so snow-white before.


Amazing garden full of these flowers in Bujumbura after the rain.

More super pretty Bougainvillea - Mauritius

Does this mean the palm is happy - are these fruit? seeds? nuts? In the yard of our friend in Mauritius.

Bujumbura Beauties

5 comments:

Becky said...

I love your flower pics. Don't stop! It is cool to see such variety.

katy said...

Ditto on what Becky said. So interesting to see what grows in such a different climate from ours. The flowers seem tropical. Is it tropical there?

Cindy said...

Don't Stop!!! We love love the flower photos.

Denise said...

Ditto again. So jealous of your greenery and beautiful flowers. Rwanda is getting higher up the list of pretty places :)

Hi E & O :)

The Cristes said...

I have to agree with all the ladies on here.. I live for seeing your pictures of different flowers..I cant wait to see them for myself!